Monday, April 10, 2017

Training Week: April 3 - April 9

 Week of April 3 - April 9

04-03 - [Monday] - PM: 3 miles. Easy roads late. Felt awful. 3+ hrs earlier of shoveling snow and chipping ice at my parents (they are now back for the season)...

04-04 - [Tuesday] - PM: 10 miles roads w/ Andy.  Right leg actually bothering me today and the weather is a colossal bag of crap. Snow most of the morning and snow/rain in the afternoon. Everything was slush and soaked. Freezing rain by the time we ran at around 5:30.

04-05 - [Wednesday] - PM: 10 miles as 8 miles of a hill circuit and 2 tempo miles.

04-06 - [Thursday] - AM: 5 miles. Easy roads in the rain. Felt like complete crap.  PM: 8 miles with Andy in the pouring rain. Felt slightly better than complete crap.

04-07 - [Friday] - AM: 4.1 miles. Easy roads in the rain. Felt like complete crap again. Barely made it. PM: 5 miles with Darin. Spotted him out the window as he ran by my house so I caught up to him and ran an easy 5.  Something is up.  May have to shut it down or go see someone if I continue to slide ...

04-08 - [Saturday] - AM: 8 miles on the Kanc...a little up-tempo but still felt pretty crappy. Better than the last few days though.  Actually had a little flurry come through as I was on the way back.... crazy weather.

04-09 - [Sunday] - AM: 3.5 miles w/ up - some w/ Garfield, Hamel, Erwin and then strides + 5 mile race (Reds 5M (results)- 3rd OA 26:59) + 2.5 miles c/down w/ Garfield, Hamel, Erwin, Sam, Abby, and a very well behaved dog.  Struggled in the race early and never quite felt right as has been the case lately. Went out exactly where I thought I 'should' go out (way slower than last year but considering what has been happening...), and felt terrible doing it. Rebounded slightly during mile 2 but then by 3 I started to feel like hell again. Didn't fall completely apart but still struggled to find any sort of comfort at a quicker pace.  Same two dudes who were ahead of me at the first NH GP beat me again, but in reverse order.

64.1 miles for the week on 11 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment