Sunday, December 25, 2016

Training Week: December 19 - December 25



Week of December 19 - December 25

12-19 - [Monday] - PM: 8 miles. Most definitely have the start of a little IT flare up...

12-20 - [Tuesday] - AM: 5 miles easy. PM: 8 miles (49:54).  2 w/up then 4 @ 5:42 (pipe dream marathon pace at this point) then 2 c/dwn.  Kind of an ad-hoc workout I could handle with the IT band barking pretty loudly.  Probably not a good idea but I got it done and was able to walk out of there on my own power.

12-21 - [Wednesday] - PM: 10 miles. Got on the mill the same time as a local college guy was hammering a workout on the other one. He juiced it up to 13 mph and I was cranking a lowly 10 mph on the other one and bam! ...the circuit blew.  Both of us stopped dead in our tracks.  He only had 5 min left in his workout and I was only about 12 minutes into my run.  After a 15 min break, I was able to resume when the maintenance guy popped the breaker back.  It was hot as hell in there too. I had all the windows open and was drenched in sweat.  They've been having problems with the heating in the building and now it's full on tropic in there.  I hope to get back outside a little this week after all this excitement.

12-22 - [Thursday] - AM: 5 miles. PM: 10 miles.

12-23 - [Friday] - PM: 18 miles roads (Wakefield, Milton, Acton (ME)).  Happy Birthday Tabby!

12-24 - [Saturday] - PM: 6 miles easy. Then about 10 minutes stretching in the hot tub for the first time this winter...felt good.

12-25 - [Sunday] - Merry Christmas.

70 miles on 8 runs.

Felt better this week health-wise but the leg was bothering me (just slightly) most of the week.  After that 2 hr treadmill run at the end of last week I started dealing with some IT and knee pain that is just normal treadmill overuse pain I usually deal with in January...so I'm ahead of the game this year. Shut it down later in the week after a nice easy long winter run on the roads.  Got a nice long run from the Poor People's Pub with Jonathan Miller on Friday.  Was in Wakefield for the day helping my parents close up the house for the winter... Afterwards, met Jon and got a good long easy run in with some hills sprinkiled in. Weather was good. Roads very quiet and in good condition.  Really good winter loop as the traffic was non existent and roads were very well clear.  Also, officially town-bagged Milton (ahead of this winter's Moose Mountain SS race). Haven't gotten a new NH town in a long time (only 1 last year with Epping).  I'm basically down to doing it by accident nowadays.




No comments:

Post a Comment