Sunday, December 11, 2016

Training Week: December 05 - December 11

Week of December 05 - December 11

12-05 - Monday - PM: 8 miles.
12-06 - Tuesday PM: 10 miles on the Kanc (65 min). A little slick in spots.
12-07 - Wednesday AM: 5.3 miles easy roads with Darin.  To quote my mother it was 'snowing to beat the band' outside. PM: 11.1 miles roads.  The 'Madison Elementary OKT'.  That is 'Only Known Time'. 1:14:25 for 11.1 miles made up of 43 laps around the f*cking elementary school.  One dicey corner with snow and ice and the rest of it was clear but wet.  What a mess.  I initially drove down to the Mill to use the treadmill but it was a full up nightmare down there. Both treadmills were taken, but by real runners, so I couldn't complain too much.  Just bad timing I guess. I got there just in time to see Darin a mere 5 minutes into his second workout of the day and Don only 15 minutes into his... so I couldn't just sit there and wait...I drove back home, suited up, slapped on a dim headlamp that hasn't been charged (or used) since Reach the Beach and ran down to the school, banged 43 laps around the school, and then headed back home. There's one tiny hill in the back so it's got a good mix of quick up/down but it's not even a quarter mile around each lap so it was a exercise in futility.  Dedication or stupidity... it's a fine line in times like this.  I should have asked Darin if I could use HIS TREADMILL THAT HE HAS AT HIS HOUSE while he was using the one at the mill...but I digress.
12-08 - Thursday - AM: 6 miles easy on the roads. PM: 10 miles. 
12-09 - Friday PM: 8 miles.  Got screwed earlier in the day with an install for a customer and couldn't get out for a lunch run because it went hours over what I thought.  Probably for the best as I feel like crap. Came down with a head cold.
12-10 - Saturday - AM: 10 miles at the mill. 64:30.  First 6 quick and then last 4 easy.  Was pressed for time again because of the birthday party for Tabby.  Got to the Mill nice and early in the morning, which I NEVER do and had to wait for a machine for 25 agonizing minutes (while a couple walked and talked and had a grand ole' time on the treadmills).  Kind of irked me but they paid their money so they have the right.... But 2nd time in a week I had to either wait or got screwed out of a run because of others using the treadmill (how dare people use the treadmill other than me!).  This may have only happened to me 2 other times in 4 years ...but 2 in one week was a little tough.  I had to run faster than I wanted to get it in in time so I could get my errands done before the party.  I had to cut it short too as I planned on a 12 miler or more initially.  This week is falling apart slightly...
12-11 - Sunday - PM: 14.7 miles roads. COLD! Got this in very late in the afternoon (finished just before it started getting dark) after everyone went home from the weekend.

83.1 miles on 9 runs.

The week got derailed a bit and it seemed that divine intervention was trying to throw everything it could at me to try to screw my training plans ... the 11 headlamp miles around the school and the tough 10 early on Saturday after everything in my head told me to just bail, were definite wins.  That and the 14+ late on Sunday in the bitter cold.  I was also sick most of the 2nd half of the week (and still am).  So getting in as many miles as I did this week is a shock really.  I had originally planned on a double on Friday that didn't happen and a longer run on Saturday that was cut short but alas I'll certainly take 80+ again this week.





2 comments:

  1. I love the 43 lap insanity. As in I recognize how freaking stupid / necessary it is as times. On my little suburban block, it is .29 around it. Once when my kid was passed out sleeping off a fever I felt compelled to both stay near the house and check on them / be available and to get my run in. 15 miles on that GD loop. Neighbors were about ready to call the cops (now they know better).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...GZ I can relate...occasionally I have to get my run in and the kids are in the house and I'm watching them and I've been tempted to just run around the house itself, peering in the windows occasionally.... talk about having the neighbors potentially call the cops :). Also, I don't want to wear a path in the grass :).

    ReplyDelete