Sunday, November 6, 2016

November 6 - Sunday - Weekly Recap

I've been slacking a bit with the last few days and updates...But here's the recap of the week...

October 31 (Monday) - 8 miles
November 01 (Tuesday) - 9 miles (60:00)
November 02 (Wednesday) - 8 miles easy.
November 03 (Wednesday) - 9.35 miles (60:00)
November 04 (Wednesday) - 6 miles easy.
November 05 (Wednesday) - off. Daddy duty all day. Built a shelf.
November 06 (Wednesday) - 10 miles (69:40).

Total: 50.35 miles on 6 runs. Unfortunately 1 day off again but hopefully I fix that sh*t.

I'm trending in the right direction.  35.2, 45.6, and now 50.35...those are my last 3 weeks since I retired from ultras.  Back to work this coming week.

Looking at the race results, it was great to see my mates on CMS run so well today and get yet another team win at the GP marathon.  Vassallo and Mindel ran their asses off (no surprises there).  E-Narc ran tough and fast enough to help the team wrap up another GP team win at the marathon distance.  CMS will finish 2nd to BAA by 5 or so points in the overall GP team competition.  Nothing I could have done would have helped the team finish any higher today so I'm not as bummed that I missed it after seeing how well they ran through the rolling streets of Manchester.  I hope to help with some GPs next year in BOTH the open and masters categories.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the GP schedule is going to look like for 2017, now that 2016 is finally in the books.

After watching the NYC marathon this morning, I had grand aspirations to go hit a new permission or a few different sites possibly down south a bit, but ended up just walking up into the backyard again and detecting for about 2.5 hours.  Mostly just covering spots I couldn't quite get access to in the summer when everything was grown in.  I landed 5 buttons, an 1863 'fat' Indian Head, a small musket ball, a buckle, an old pocket knife, another axe head (#20), and some other junk... all in all it was a good day swingin'.  Not too many of these left unfortunately... Winter. Is. Comin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment