Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24 - Monday

10k run (6.2 miles) incorporating some roads and trails in town. Was going to go longer but my original loop was going to take me through the chain of ponds trails and it sounded like Fallujah in there with hunting season in full swing (although deer rifle season hasn't started yet...could have been small game or black bear hunters).  I scared a deer right out of the bushes as soon as I hit the trails along the power lines and then the shooting started and got closer and closer the more I headed towards that area so I just decided to follow the tracks out and run back on the road so the run was a little shorter than originally planned.  My ribs felt the best they've felt on a run so far but just shy of a mile in, I slipped on the edge of the pavement where it meets the sandy shoulder and stumbled a bit and actually tweaked my damn ribs again... not too bad though, but it sucked feeling a pull in that area when it's getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment