Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thursday - May 26

May 26 (Thursday) - PM: 8 miles roads and dirt roads/nordic trails w/ Andy at King Pine.  First 5 w/ Andy and then last 3 solo as he went for a swim in Purity Lake.  It was hot and I had to listen to Andy go on and on about all his new sponsors and all the free stuff he's getting and his VIP invites to international events this summer and how many of his drones aren't working right now and how the skiing up at Mt. Washington isn't that good anymore....but other than that it was a good run.

Then I got to swing for about 90 minutes while Kristin went 'into town'.  I had to stay in the yard because the kids were busy at work in the sandbox.  I found a few strange unidentified items but landed TWO full horseshoes right behind the 'ell' of my house.  I also found a sliver plated spoon with the mark 'Ajax silver plate' on it. It looks identical (except mine is destroyed) to this spoon as far as the design on both sides... the website says possibly the 1920s but not positive.  I also found a dime bank that was patented in 1891 (you can see other examples here).  Mine actually says 'PAT APPLIED FOR' meaning it was older than 1891.  It was full of dirt and as far as I can see, it doesn't have any dimes in it...if it did (given the timing), they would have to be 'Seated' Liberty dimes and that would be amazing...

Even though I didn't find any coins today, my buddy Kent called me to tell me he landed an 1837 large cent today down in Ossipee.  It was quite 'knackered' as he put it, but it's a largie nonetheless.  Landing a large cent is still on my bucket list...

If I had "$5.00" worth of silver seated dimes in this thing I'd be pretty excited...
I wish it was full of seated dimes but instead it's just packed with dirt.

the 'silver plate' is all but gone on this....the back is even worse...






No comments:

Post a Comment