Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week of January 04 - January 10

Week of January 04 - January 10

January 04 (Monday) - AM: 5 miles normal effort with some walking afterwards.  PM: sports massage in NoCo.
January 05 (Tuesday) - PM: 6 miles relatively easy effort with more walking afterwards.
January 06 (Wednesday) - PM: 8 miles easy with more walking afterwards.
January 07 (Thursday) - PM: 10 miles normal effort with some walking afterwards.
January 08 (Friday) - PM: 6 miles easy (hilly) with Andy.  Had a meeting literally right after the run, so couldn't fit the walk in.
January 09 (Saturday) - PM: 7 miles normal effort in snow flurries with some walking afterwards.
January 10 (Sunday) - PM: 8 miles easy with Andy in a tropical storm.

Weekly Summary: 50 miles for the week.  Obviously easy and light on the miles this week but after basically no running last week, I didn't want to jump hard into this week's mileage.  I just wanted to make progress and make sure that if it was an overuse issue I had going on, I didn't further it along.  By weeks end I felt a lot better but not 100% by any means. I still have some pain and stiffness on the right side that is manageable right now but I haven't tested it with hard running just yet.  When I go up on my toes or try to land a tad heavier on the right side, I get throbbing pain and all sorts of bad things happening.  If I just stick to a 'normal' easy running gate, it seems like it's getting better.   I'll try to fit something in 'uptempo' this coming week and we'll see.  I'll also try to get back up into something that resembles real mileage but I'm not too displeased with this week's efforts given the circumstances.

My periodic training partner here on the East Madison Track Club has some good video editing skills... not to mention some skills on skis.   Here's the latest scenes from the MWV...


No comments:

Post a Comment