Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19 (Wednesday)

August 19 (Wednesday) - Another hot and humid day...I waited not quite as long as yesterday to get out the door, but did wait until about 6pm.  It was still very humid.  The air was thick and heavy..no wind.  I hit up the High St. / Washington Hill loop because it is half dirt road and in the deep woods.  The downside is that it's a little on the hilly side with about 4 good climbs but I was planning on just keeping it under 7s and was a bit under that.  A couple of the miles were way quicker because of the downhills but all in all I was able to relax on this run and hit the splits without much effort.  I had to work a couple of the hills to make sure I was hitting the splits but the rest of the run was easy.  Fitness is slowly coming back and this type of effort is starting to feel like it used to.  This needs to be my normal run for me to get where I want to be.  Still got work to do though.  11.6 miles total for the loop (915 ft of gain).

No comments:

Post a Comment