Monday, June 15, 2015

Update - Scan Complete...now I wait.

Quick update of sorts...I got my scan this morning over in Wolfeboro.  It was a crappy day out weather-wise so I wasn't too bummed about being over there in such bad circumstances (usually I love walking around in the downtown area).  I had only been there (at Huggins Hospital) one time ever and that was a while back when I went there while I was visiting my parents place back in high school.  They brought me up in the computer and I was last there in September of 1994.  It was funny to hear her ask me if my address was still 10 Appleton Rd. in Wakefield (and then she asked me to confirm whether or not my number had changed and she read off my old number from back in the day).  Needless to say, I had to have them update their system.

I had the injection at 8:00 am and then had to wait around until 11 am for the scan.  I should have just gone home and then went back after breakfast, but instead, I drove over to my parents place a couple towns away (which was slightly closer than going back to Madison) to do a 'drop-in' but they weren't even home.  That kind of sucked but at least it ate up some time.  I drove back and just sat in the parking lot of the hospital until it was time to go in.  The scan was pretty quick with them taking images from the top and bottom as well as from the side.  I waited around 20 or so minutes afterwards and got the images on a disk and I looked at them but they really don't show me much at all that I can make out.  It 'looks' like a mess on my left side but then again, I'm no expert and maybe it's just me making something out of nothing because I don't know how to read the images.  Depending on my mood, when I bring the images up, it looks bad...but then later it seems to look OK.  I have to wait around for the doctor to read the report and view the images they are going to send up to Conway and then I meet with him on Wednesday to go over the results after a professional eyeball or two looks at it.  It sucks that I have to wait another couple days.  My leg is bothering me and I'm not sure what to do in the meantime.  I don't want to make it any worse and something tells me it's going to be bad news.  I hope I'm wrong.  At least my leg isn't as bad as Dave Grohl's is apparently. Yes I did just throw a reference to something musical post-1998.

For now here's just a bunch of pictures of me being the best Dad around... no child was harmed in the making of this photo montage of awesomeness....









No comments:

Post a Comment