Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18 (Wednesday)

March 18 (Wednesday) - AM: 5 miles (mill) in the am.  Very easy. 40:00.   PM: Then after work,  a workout (mill).  2 mile warmup (16:00) + 6 x 1 mile @ 5:10.  400m (@7:37 pace) continuous rest in between each mile. 7.25 miles (including rest) in 40:32.  Then 1.75 mile cooldown (14:00).  11 miles.  The miles felt completely controlled and comfortable (as I was anticipating they would at that pace...not exactly blasting but not slow...probably anticipated 10k pace give or take).  Right hamstring and calf were bad as expected.  Hamstring is the worst but it stayed in check. I ran with it wrapped and with a couple pairs of tights on (ridiculous I know but I wanted to keep the muscles in check).  It was hot, but manageable.  Fitness is there, just need to keep watching the hamstring and calf.   Happy to get the workout in.  Was thinking of only doing 3 but when I got to 3, I decided to do 4.  When I got to 4, I decided to do 5.  When I got to 5, I decided to do 6.  Then I came to my senses and stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment