Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 22 (Sunday) - Weekly Summary

February 22 (Sunday) - It was a beautiful day outside and I was really tempted to enjoy the near summer-time temps (30s F) with a spin on the roads (by spin I mean run, not biking of course).  But alas I decided to take advantage of the weather by doing a lot of much needed outside work around the  house. I hadn't even shoveled during the last storm we had and now we had another 6-8 inches on top of what was already there.  I had been lazy and just 4-wheeling it in and out of my driveway.  So I spent some time shoveling, de-icing steps and walkways, snowblowing, digging out the mailbox, roof-raking the shed and back porch, and knocking down all the massive icicles hanging off the roof.  There was one that was all the way down touching the ground.  I also had some icedams backing up some water under the overhang of the roof I needed to take care of.  Then it was cleaning out my car and going to the dump, etc.  The usual Sunday stuff.  By the time I thought about running it was 4pm.  I waited a bit more and then went to the mill to bang out just over 12 miles (12.2 miles) to get to an even 81 miles for the week.

Weekly Summary:

Legs and everything feeling really good.  One step closer to wrapping up the snowshoe season (I think I have 2 races to go) and one week closer to getting in some real running.  The weather at the end of the week was a tease but it was mentally a boost I needed.  I'm still hovering around 11.4 miles per day as an average for the year 2015.  Even with a day off at the start of the year when I was sick as balls.  The goal was to try to hit 11 per day average for approx. 4000 miles for the year.  February is quickly coming to a close and I'm still on track... Only 10 more months to go.

Miles: 81
Runs: 12
Races: 1
Longest Run: 12.2
Total Time: 9:54:00

Monday: AM: 6 miles on the treadmill.  41:51.  PM: 6 miles on the treadmill.  45:00.
Tuesday: PM: 8 miles on the treadmill. 55:48. (no morning run...tweaked my back).
Wednesday: AM: 5 miles on the treadmill. 37:30.  PM: 9 miles on the treadmill (workout) as 2 mile warmup (8 min pace) + 5 miles at 27:23 (just south of 5:30 pace) + 2 miles cooldown (8 min pace). 59:23 total.
Thursday: AM: 6 miles on the treadmill. 41:49.  PM: 10 miles on the treadmill.  75:00.
Friday10 miles on the treadmill.  75:00.
Saturday: 2.1 miles warmup before race (on snowshoes) + 3.7 mile race (snowshoe)(strava) + 3 mile cooldown on the roads with Wood and Wood.
Sunday: 12.2 miles on the treadmill (1:24:59).

No comments:

Post a Comment