Wednesday, January 21, 2015

USATF-NE Awards Banquet and CMS Accolades

The USATF-New England Awards Banquet for 2014 was held this past weekend down in Stoneham, MA.  I headed down because I won the mountain series this year.  CMS got a couple tables and it was going to be good seeing some of my mates again.  I went to this back in 2011 and 2012 after winning the series then, but didn't go in 2013 as I had no business being anywhere near awards that year.  This year, I was actually on the ballot (along with my teammate Dan Vassallo) also for 'Runner of the Year' because of the mountain series overall win.  I voted for Dan Vassallo for ROTY personally because, well, he had one hell of a year and put much more than just the year's worth of work into training for his Olympic Trials qualifier.

In the end, Dan did in fact win the Runner of the Year, which was well deserved.  What was super awesome was that CMS ended up winning USATF New England 'Club of the Year'.  Even though I didn't contribute too much to the club races this year, it was awesome to be part of it at least a little bit.

Below is a video from Krissy Kozlosky of our acceptance speeches :)



And here is a video I took of Matt Pelletier, Dan Vassallo, and Laura Hagley answering some fun questions from Tom Derderian.   Tom's first question is to Dan and he asks how Dan plans to get everyone else at the Olympic Trials Marathon to 'run off course so he can win'.  An obvious dig to Dan's win in the GP marathon this past November.... hilarity ensues.   It's close to 15 minutes long but it's worth watching...some funny stuff in here.  Matt's health class question probably takes the cake....



Apologies to Laura for not getting her in the frame for most of this...she was hiding behind the column...

Lastly, I ate my ass off.  Buffet-style indulgence... The ride home was exhausting...didn't leave Stoneham until about 10pm and got home about 12:15am or so.  I'm deliberately going to lose the Mountain Series this year so I don't have to go make this drive again and put on the few extra lbs ;)...

Pretty cool to be on the short list of nominations...

The 'spike bag' for winning the Mountain Series.

1 comment: