Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11 (Sunday) and Weekly Summary

January 11 (Sunday) - I met up w/ Nate Huppe for what was supposed to be a 12-13 mile run in Wakefield but it ended up being just over 10 as I made a mistake with one of the loops.  It was zero degrees out when I met Nate at the Poor People's Pub in Sanbornville, and we headed up for a small loop up 153 before heading out for a longer loop to the east of Lovell Lake.   Most of the loop was on snow covered dirt and paved roads which made things pretty slick.  About a mile of Pond Rd. (right next to the lake) was unplowed as it is not maintained in the winter.  Still a good solid effort on a rolling run in pretty nippy weather.  10.2 miles total.




Afterwards, Nate and I grabbed some breakfast at Linos and then I swung by my parents house to check on things (as they are away for the winter).

Wrap Up - Week of January 5-11:

Solid week for coming back from the sickness. I was still sick most of the week but still managed to just get the miles in.  5th week out of 6 in the 80s, which continues to be the goal.  No long runs though.   My longest jaunt was only 11 miles but I'll still take it.  No need to 'push' things while still recovering.  6 out of 10 runs on the treadmill (mostly because I was sick and it was balls cold outside), so zero elevation for most of the runs this week... but I'm really just wanting to get the miles in and get somewhat quick and fit again...so no need for slamming hill workouts right now.  3 days of doubles.  Good way to ease back into it.

Miles: 80.8
Runs: 10
Longest Run: 11
Climbing: 1916 ft.
Total Time: 9:35

Monday: AM: 6 miles on E.Madison roads (route). Solo. 43:38 (554 ft).  PM: 5 miles on the treadmill.  40:00.
Tuesday: 11 miles on roads in Silver Lake (route).  Solo.  1:12:07 (174 ft).
Wednesday: AM: 8 miles on the treadmill. 60:00.  PM: 6 miles on the treadmill. 40:50.
Thursday: AM: 10 miles on the treadmill. 69:45.  PM: 6 miles on the treadmill.  41:45.
Friday: 8.6 miles on roads in Conway (route) with Kevin Tilton.  1:08:44 (449 ft).
Saturday: 10 miles on the treadmill. 69:30.
Sunday: 10.2 miles on snowy roads in Wakefield, NH (route) with Nate Huppe.  1:09:17 (732 ft).

sunrise over Lovell Lake in Wakefield, NH (cold!)

Nate Huppe and JJ



Looking out over Lake Ivanhoe in East Wakefield (from my parent's front yard)

No tracks...all's quiet.

Heading into my parent's place...

No comments:

Post a Comment