Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4 (Tuesday)

November 4 (Tuesday) - Went down to the elementary school to vote and ran into Downtown Darin Brown.  We chatted for a bit and planned an afternoon run but I couldn't get away during daylight hours... So I bit the bullet and went back down to the Mill after work and signed up again for another 3 months (to start)... I was pleasantly surprised to see a BRAND NEW treadmill next to the one I normally use.  Now there are two 'good' treadmills in there.  No longer do I have to sweat getting there in time to get the good 'mill.  As typical November would have it, I had the place completely to myself the entire time.  No one in the workout room while I powered home a 6 miler at 7:30 pace ;).  I then did some lifting and then it was straight to the pool.  10 laps followed by 10 minutes in the hot tub.  Completely alone.  Like old times....  The plan this week is to keep doing and easy 6 or so a day to recover from Sunday's marathon and then 'go to work' as DV says...

Speaking of DV, the folks at the Manchester Marathon are making the right call by rewarding the two runners who went off course due to inadequate (missing) markings, $1250 each (1/2 of the first and second place winnings combined).  I am very glad to see that.  I'm thinking that I may have given Jason the $1500 and the other runner, who had been gapped before the error happened, the second place $1000.  Basically because there was a decent gap, and they were 1-2 across the line in that order, I would have maybe called it at that point and rewarded the prize money that way....but what do I know.  I am just glad they turned it around in a day and rewarded the money.  I'm not sure if they specifically called out the reason why it all happened or what the error specifically was, but they are doing right by the two runners and giving them the money they should have won...well, maybe Jason loses $250 on the deal, but that's for another time ;)...

Back at this place.... East Madison, NH 
rush hour in Madison at the pool.... 
This is where I heal my hurts....

No comments:

Post a Comment