Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23 (Monday)

June 23 (Monday) - Met up w/ Kevin again (yes, he's out of hibernation), this time in Ossipee over at Gilman Valley Rd. again for an out and back on logging roads and the Corridor 15 snowmobile trail.  As we went up and down the big climb of Corridor 15, I remembered the trail up to Bayle Mtn.  I hadn't gotten all the way to the top before (because of dark) so I suggested we hit up the summit instead of just staying on the snowmobile trails.  When we got to the summit (after a pretty steep and rocky single track climb which required a little bit of walking here and there) we were pleasantly surprised at the views.  It's a very wide, expansive summit with views from all around.  There are many vantage points to check out and a lot of good views of the north sides of the southern Ossipees including Shaw. You also get some nice views of Conner Pond and Ossipee and Silver Lakes.  You can also see Wildcat and Carter Dome from the top.  It was a very cool (unplanned) peakbag.  9 miles total.  Descent amount of climbing but I didn't have my Garmin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment