Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16 (Friday)

May 16 (Friday) - Headed up the trails behind my house for a short/easy trail run and felt awful. Bonked about 1.5 miles in and had to head back. Got only about 2 miles and had to stop and walk.  I was very light-headed and had the spins.  I sat down for about 10 minutes and then walked back.  Felt really strange. I had not really eaten much but still wasn't even hungry. I must have been really low sugar-wise though.  Kristin's parents were coming over for the weekend, so I hopped in the shower and noticed as I was looking in the mirror, that I had a tick half-embedded in my side (it has most likely been picked up on Thursday during my pass through the class vi road section of my run.  I eventually got it out, but it had bitten me and the area was swollen and discolored. It kept getting darker and darker.  I immediately called the doctor and ended up getting a prescription for antibiotics as a precaution.

No comments:

Post a Comment