Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2 (Sunday) - Weekly Recap

Weekly Recap:
Days Running: 7
Total Runs: 10
 - Treadmill: 5
 - Snowshoe: 3
 - Trail/Snow: 2
Total Races: 1
Total Miles: 71.7

Solid week, down a bit from last week mileage-wise but still strong.  Only one double during the week this week was the difference in miles.  I got out for a couple of solo snowshoe runs in awesome weather this week and  I also got in another snowshoe race, which is always good.  Putting myself in race situations as frequently as possible is crucial for me to stay sharp. I got a nice win at Beaver Brook (my 4th time winning that race) and had a nice fast workout in the process.  Long drive to accomplish that, but good to get back into the swing of things.

February 2 (Sunday) - 10 miles on snowshoes (1:35:52).  Lower Nanamocomuck ski trail from the covered bridge.  5 miles out and 5 miles back.  Snow was not that great.  There were a lot of rough thin patches along the river and some in the wet spots early on in the run.  The area around Rocky Gorge was ok but about a mile past it, some joker had gone in there and post-holed the absolute crap out of the trail.  They came from the Bear Notch Rd. end and turned around a couple miles in. I got about 1.5 miles past the gorge and then turned and headed back as I kept landing in the holes and twisting my ankle and foot.  It was just too rough.  No one had skied that section at all and only the areas right near the gorge and during the first 1.5 miles from the bridge had been skied any time recently.  It was definitely not as nice as I was hoping.  The weather was great though. Nice easy jaunt to wrap up the week.


No comments: