Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18 (Tuesday)

February 18 (Tuesday) - The weather nightmare continues here.  I tried to get out without shoveling and got my whip all hung up in the deep snowbank at the end of my driveway.  I was stuck for 45 minutes while it snowed furiously on me.  I tried to dig out, throw sand down, chip away ice under the tires, insert wooden planks under the wheels, etc. Nothing was working.  It took me 45 min to finally get it out and back up to where I could get out into the street.  Once out, I realized the road was in no better shape than my driveway was.  I shot up only about a half mile and then turned around and bailed on trying to go up and over E.Madison Rd. and down to The Mill.  I ended up throwing my Orocs and headlamp on, and hoofing it on the unplowed streets of E. Madison and Silver Lake for an hour.  I ran in some deep stuff and some semi-plowed streets up around the Pine Hill neighborhoods.  Just over 6 miles in 47 minutes, in the dark, in the driving snow, and with about 10 feet of visibility.  Not bad.  Better than a zero.  I also ran up and down some hills, which was a nice change of pace.  It's been quite some time since I last ran any sort of grade during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment