Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday - 1-30-2013

Wednesday I headed out for a run before it got dark but the roads were complete crap. Left my house right around 4pm and headed up E. Madison Rd. and then up Pound to the snowmobile trails.  The roads were so bad as they were icing over quickly and getting very dangerous. It was raining and then freezing on the pavement and over the already caked on snow.  I hopped on the snowmobile trails at the SOS clubhouse and took them all the way up to Paul Kirsch's house and dumped back onto E.Madison (after following his Inov-8 prints and the paw prints of his two dogs for a few miles).  Headed back down. Got within view of my house and my calf kind of locked up again...instead of tacking on another 3 miles which was the plan until then, I called it at 7 in 52:14.  Another 1000 ft. of climbing.  Snow was awesome on the trails.  Wet, but not deep...just enough to grip my Mudclaws so I wasn't going anywhere..

Side note...NHPR broadcast on the Sidehiller Snowshoe Race.  If you listen to it, it almost sounds like I lost :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment