Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday - 1-3-2013

Woke up to -2 degrees outside my kitchen window... got better sleep (slightly) as the baby actually fell asleep at about 11 and didn't wake up until 3.  Then from near 4 until I got up around 8, she slept!  It felt weird only getting up once throughout the night.

Waited until mid-day when I could get away in the height of the day's temps (in the teens) to do my run.  Ran from my house, up East Madison Rd. and then hopped on the SOS snowmobile trails that cut all the way down to Lead Mine Rd.  Then came back on Lead Mine to E.Madison Rd. again.  So about 4 miles of roads (Lead Mine was packed snow and ice for 2 miles) and 4 miles of groomed snowmobile trail (runnable with regular road shoes as it has been VERY cold lately).  Felt pretty strong. Went out hard and finished hard...cruised on the snowmobile trails.  Still got a long way to go, but getting it done.  55:42 for a hilly and snowy 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment