Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday - 1-14-2013

Monday night KT met me at my house in Madison for a loop in Madison and Tamworth.  10.7 moderately hilly dirt and paved road miles (mostly dirt) in 1:19:29.  Link to Kevin's data here.  The weather was 20+ degrees colder by 5:00 when we headed out (compared to the mid 50s it was during the day).  The sled run I built on Sunday w/ my niece and nephew and brother was decimated by the warm temps over the past few days, but the base of it is still there... looking forward to the additional snow we're supposed to get tomorrow (as well as the low temps for the next 10 days+).  Conditions at Whitaker this weekend should be pretty good.

I came across this video of the start and first part of the Beaver Brook course filmed by Tim Lindsey (acidoticRacing).  Good stuff.  I have honestly thought about wearing my GoPro a few times in races...and almost did at Ascutney last year...but I always forget to pack it.  Maybe one of these days...

If you listen closely at 2:24, Mike Amarello correctly calls the right Top 3 before the race even begins....pretty knowledgeable race director!

No comments:

Post a Comment