Saturday, December 19, 2009

2010 Inov-8 Roster Announced


I am thrilled to have been chosen to run for Inov-8 in the upcoming 2010 season.  The 2010 roster has been announced on the Team Inov-8 blog and I am happy to also be sharing spots on the team with fellow CMS teammates Kevin Tilton, Ben Nephew, Paul Low, Peter Maksimow, Kelli Lusk, and Abby Woods Mahoney.  


For those who don't know, Inov-8 is THE mountain and trail running shoe manufacturer.  Period.  I was introduced to Inov-8 after repeatedly noticing that just about every other person at the mountain and trail races I was going to in the past 2 years were wearing Inov-8 shoes and gear in some way or another.  Also, after talking with teammates Dave Dunham, Tim VanOrden, Kevin Tilton and Ben Nephew, along with race director and Inov-8 reseller Paul Kirsch (WMM) and no fewer than a dozen other folks I frequently see at the trail/mountain/snowshoe events, I decided to give them a try and in March of this past year, I ordered a pair of f-lite 230s to race in.  Well, I essentially wore those suckers out, by racing MOST of my 60 + races in 2009 in them (in distances from a 2 mile to a half marathon).  I also ordered a pair of x-talon 212 racers, which turned out to be one of the best running related purchases I've ever made.  These shoes are incredible for XC/trail/ and off-road mountain races.  Max King ran and won the US Trail Marathon Championships at the Lithia Loop this year in these (I wore the 230s because the road section scared me a little). Tivo actually trains in those shoes!  I also won a pair of the 212's after winning the Loon Mountain race this year.  I wore the 212's at Franklin Park for the Codfish Bowl, at the Laconia XC race, at Cranmore (US Championships), and at Loon Mountain.  I opted for the 230's at Mount Washington and I think those are a perfect shoe for a road mountain race.  What I have been missing in my arsenal of gear is the regular trail running shoe that Inov-8 makes (and they make MANY different variations).  This is what I am most excited about, is the ability to try out these different shoes here at the rivah trail and various other stomping grounds in the area.







Inov-8 is the returning sponsor of the USATF-New England Mountain Series for 2010.  The current races on the schedule are:


05-22 - Northfield Mountain Race
05-29 - Wachusett Mountain Race
06-06 - Pack Monadnock 10 Miler
06-27 - Cranmore Hillclimb
07-04 - Loon Mountain Race
07-11 - Ascutney Mountain Challenge






Add Inov-8 USA's Twitter feed for all the up to date information on Inov-8 gear, races, results, and upcoming events.  Also, become a fan of Inov-8 on Facebook and stay in touch with the Inov-8 community.




2010 Inov-8 Roster (CMS in blue):



Sean Andrish - Ultrarunning
Jonathan Basham – Ultrarunning & Speed Hike
Todd Braje – Ultrarunning
Lainie Callahan - Ultrarunning
Eric Charette - Ultrarunning
Yassine Diboun - Ultrarunning
Scott Dunlap - Ultrarunning
Greg Feucht - Mtn / Trail
Emma Garrard – Xterra
Joe Grant - Ultrarunning
Joe Gray - Mtn / Trail
Michael Green – Ultrarunning
Michele Hartwig – Ultrarunning
Dave James – Ultrarunning
Jim Johnson – Mtn / Trail
Amy Lane - Ultrarunning
Aliza Lapierre - Ultrarunning
Camilo Lopez - Climbing (approach)
Paul Low - Mtn / Trail
Gina Lucrezi - Mtn / Trail
Cristina Luis - Orienteering
Mark Lundblad - Ultrarunning
Anne Lundblad – Ultrarunning & Trail
Kelli Lusk - Mtn / Trail
Abby Woods Mahoney – Mtn / Trail
Brendon Mahoney – Mtn / Trail / Crossfit
Peter Maksimow – Mtn / Trail
Amber Moran – Road / Mtn / Trail
Brian Morrison - Ultrarunning
Ben Nephew - Mtn / Trail / Ultrarunning / Snowshoe
Alex Nichols – Mtn / Trail
Dewey Peacock - Mtn / Trail
Anna Pfaff - Climbing (approach)
Jeremy Ramsey - Ultra
Chris Reed - Ultrarunning
DeWayne Satterfield – Ultrarunning
Dwight Shuler – Xterra / AR / Ultrarunning / Duathlon
Sophie Spiedel - Ultrarunning
Andrew Thompson - Speed hike / Ultrarunning
Kevin Tilton - Mtn / Trail
Todd Walker – Ultrarunning
Serena Wilcox - Ultrarunning
Scott Williamson -Long Hike no support
Joe Ziegenfuss - Ultrarunning
Team Yoga Slackers – Adventure Racing
Team Granite – Adventure Racing-







Ben Nephew and I at Busa Bushwhack 10 Mile Trail Race - Framingham, MA - 11-01-09


11 comments:

Dan said...

Nice!! You earned it.

DoubleJ said...

Thanks Dan... I still can't even comprehend your 50 miler stuff yet though.... I can't wait for the 2010 season to start... officially it is a week from tomorrow at Woodford!

GZ said...

Well done. You are a great rep for any team: out there representing the sport, racing it up, and being a nice guy ...

Tell your old guy friends that we are coming down from the hills here to run that big hill.

DoubleJ said...

Thank GZ. What team is it going to be? Fleet Feet? CMS-West?

From the site:

Teams: No "pick-up" teams please. RRCA or USATF clubs, established clubs, school teams, or business teams only.

I guess 'established clubs/business teams' could be pretty vague and will allow you to stack up a Masters team....

Remember, you are running for a sub 1:10 and your shoes back! ;)

Ben Nephew said...

Congratulations Jim, welcome aboard. I just went for a run in new 295's that came in. They are way to comfortable for a running shoe, it's bizarre. You should see the new 2010 catalog, it's awesome. I'm not sure when new models are going to be shipped, but I'll just say that there is 195 that might come in handy at Washington, and it's not the lightest shoe in the line-up!

GZ said...

Fleet Feet is our USATF club.

siriusultrarunner said...

Congrats man. Maybe we will run into each other sometime this year. I am very excited about the team!

J.Fyffe said...

Good Stuff Man!!!

double-d said...

Your name really should have "mountain/trail/snowshoe" and maybe even throw in Ultra.

Congrats. Now get out there and do some races, slacker.

Blaine Moore said...

Congrats!

I'm a huge fan of Inov-8 - I've only use the Roclite 315s as my trail shoe of choice, and had great luck on them. I've got 2 pairs in rotation right now (one pair w/screws in them, one without) plus I just ordered a few more pairs that I haven't used yet.

My first pair has about 600 miles on them and still feel as good as when I bought them, although the tread is definitely worn down!

I'd give them a try for a winter running shoe. If you make screw shoes out of them they work out great on trails in the winter in either snow or ice conditions.

They aren't that good for the road, though.

Scotty "PHAT" Graham said...

Way to go Jim. You earned this honor. Keep it rolling.