Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Bedford Half Marathon

On Sunday I hitched a ride w/ Dan Verrington, Dave Dunham, and the brothers-Quintal down to the New Bedford Half Marathon (results) which served as race #2 in the USATF-NE Grand Prix for 2009.  Unfortunately, due to my recent issues with the hamstring, hip, and back, I was forced to sit this one out and watch from the sidelines... I threw my bike in the back of DV's truck and went on down to snap some shots of my friends from CMS, the Squad, GTD, MVS, GCS, SISU, Whirlaway, R.UN, and numerous other clubs in the area...  The weather seemed to be perfect, which made it even that tougher to swallow (not running) but my new outlook after today is definitely positive (which I'll dive deeper into in my next post) so I will refrain for complaining and dwell on the positive.

I got almost 1000 photos and a couple of video clips on the day... It was my first time going to solely photograph a race and now I know what Kristin goes through...it is NOT easy to try to get all the faces you know when you are pointing and shooting continuously.  Factor in the times she's had to stand out in the rain and cold weather and I can't begin to imagine how I could ever complain about her missing me ever again ;).  


Video Clip 1 - Start



Video Clip 2 - Halfway



3 comments:

  1. nice post and thanks for sharing....

    ___________________
    Britney
    Entertainment at one stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post and thanks for sharing....

    ___________________
    Britney
    Entertainment at one stop

    ReplyDelete