Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Tivo Video and Update

Tivo must not have much doing these days as he has once again published a retro video from August...The Bridge of Flowers 10k... It shows a pretty cool warmdown we did up to a stone firetower in Shelburne Falls, MA.




On a personal running note, I may be either bagging the 20 miler in 3 days or just jogging it (as I have already paid). I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run it now. Yesterday I had a 100 degree fever all day, massive headaches that didn't go away, and was throwing up just about everything I had eaten the night before. Today I feel much better, but still haven't gotten out of bed as I am still pretty ill. I couldn't move yesterday and doubt I'll be able to run today...so not only has March been a complete disaster for me (missing New Bedford), but now Eastern States is done, and Boston is probably just going to be horrible...but hopefully I'll be able to at least run and finish it...then look forward to the rest of the year. It has been a very disappointing last month for sure...after the start of the year I've had w/ all the snowshoe fun, etc. I really didn't get a chance to use the fitness I built up and now need to start all over as soon as this infection or whatever I have now is gone.

3 comments:

  1. I see you've crossed over to the dark side and now refer to it as a 'warm down'. I'm still old school, I like 'cool down' better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,

    Take care of your self. I want you on the starting line at Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the bridge in bloom (I still have snow in my yard)... I made the other Goons follow me over it to take in the ambiance that day.

    Hope you are doing better, Tz

    MG

    ReplyDelete