Sunday, November 16, 2008

Training - 11-10 - 11-16

Back to basics this week beginning with a day off on Monday after a no-so-great New England XC race on Sunday. I needed the rest even though my mileage has been super low.  I also needed a weekend off from racing so I bagged the turkey trot I was going to do up in Grantham (but added a couple of other races to the schedule to go into the winter a little sharper). I eased into the week and was able to get in over 60 for the first time in quite a while. This fall has been a disappointment to say the least. Now I'm getting excited for the upcoming winter racing schedule and planning on increasing my mileage back up to a respectable level and incorporating some workouts again, thanks to a great chat w/ Brad K. on Friday night, who filled me in on the importance of speedwork and gave me some great advice going into 2009. We'll see. 

This weekend I got a couple of great trail runs in w/ the crew (less dd who is still working on easing back into his normal routine)... 29 miles between Sat. and Sun.   Other than that, I did practically nothing else but rest, nap, and sit on my can.  

11-10 - Off - Day after NE XC. Well needed rest to clear my head and rest my mediocre arse.
11-11 - 8 miles (56:15) - Salem, Methuen, Haverhill out and back (Lake St. Loop)(roads) - solo.
11-12 - 11 miles (1:15:28) - Salem, Methuen, Pelham (Harris' Inn Loop)(roads) - solo.
11-13 - 9.5 miles (1:04:36) - Salem, Methuen, Haverhill (Whirlaway Loop) (roads) - solo.
11-14 - 9 miles (1:02:23) - Merrimack River Trail - Andover, MA- First 4 solo out to dd's tree and back... + last 5 w/ dd out and back.
11-15 - 12 miles (1:26:17) - Newburyport, MA - Maudslay State Park (trails) w/ Dan Verrington, Mark Behan, Ken Tripp, Dave Quintal, Mark Kimball. Started out slow but then by the end Kimball and Quintal were pushing the pace...calling this 12. Close enough.
11-16 - 17 miles (2:03:00) - Bradford, Groveland, Boxford (trails and roads) with Dan Verrington, Mark Behan, Mark Kimball, Andy King.  Kimball tried dumping me a couple times but I held him off and stayed on my feet.

Total Mileage for the week: 66.5 (6 days).

14 comments:

  1. JJ
    Nice week. My total was about the same with 6 days. Sorry for pushing the pace on Saturday. When are you going to hit the track? Let me know if you want to hook up for a workout at NAMS.
    DQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Dave... I'm up for a midweek workout for sure...gotta get the legs turned over... Let me know which day/time and I'll make plans to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Tuesday 11AM NAMS?
    If no good Wed would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you do on the track ... I used to love it but it has become kryptonite for me as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to getting to the point when I can run with you guys again, but it probably won't be for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ
    Can't do workout on Tuesday. Is Wednesday a possibility?

    DQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wed. is probably best... let me know sometime tomorrow if thats a go and we'll do it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JJ
    River today at 2:41 if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JJ
    Wed 11 at NAMS -
    DQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha you were the ONLY one who picked up on that... he's got a special tree he runs out to and back every day. It's kinda creepy actually...he has to touch it before he turns around to head back... I tacked up a picture of him on it last week and didn't tell him about it...when he got there and noticed it it was pretty funny...but then he made me take it down because he said that was 'littering'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete