Monday, October 27, 2008

Baystate Marathon Video and Extra Footage

As promised I have finished putting together a video from last week's Baystate Marathon (blog post)... as I stated before, we didn't get much video because my camera was set to the wrong mode, but dd did manage to get some extensive footage at the mile 4 water stop and some pre-race dialogue. I put it together pretty quick and figured I'd share it, as it is better than nothing... It goes on for a while at the same point of view, but you do get to see everyone coming by that ran probably under 3:15 or so... thanks again to dd for getting this footage...




And per numerous requests, I have unearthed and quickly rendered an uncut (yet censored) version of the 'lost rant' from dd, captured after the Applefest Half Marathon (blog post) earlier this month.... Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Nice soundtrack on the Baystate video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any video that includes both Jonathan Richman and The Ramones is a worth watching. Nice job with the titles too - this was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks guys... I knew putting JR in there would spark up some of those with similar GREAT tastes in music, to comment :)... I'll have to figure out some way of using the Sex Pistol's version of Roadrunner somewhere :)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, I wish I hadn't messed up the video. Your titles were too funny! Keep in mind that the screen was blank so I had no idea of what I was shooting or even if the camera was on. I think there might be another 20 minutes of me oggling(sp?) Kristin.

    Excellent music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks man...weight cutting is always through healthy eating and hard work. i'm down to 155ish from 170 so doesn't sound as bad of a cut. nice work in your first marathon. tough to run well if you're not specifically trained for it. given the circumstances and the way you went out, i'd say you'll be more prepared next time and run even paced all the way through to a faster time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ - Good stuff. I'd think a regular podcast by you and DD would be a hit, although I am sure Itunes would give it the explicit tag.

    If you ever head west, you better bring the dunkin, they are few a far between out here.

    After slogging for a week in FL with the mouse and shamu, this post was a good motivation for me to get my arse moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Thanks man...I'll make it a point to pack the freeze-dried bags just in case ;)... If DD ever went out there without his Dunkins, I can't even imagine how sour of a mood he'd be in...

    ReplyDelete