Saturday, June 30, 2007

27th Annual Plaistow Old Home Day 5K

Today, I ran in the 27th Annual Plaistow Old Home Day 5K in Plaistow, NH. It was my first race back after having some calf problems over the past couple of weeks. I felt ok for the most part, but not getting in a good workout over the past couple of weeks, and running relatively low milage really affected the end of my race. My 2 mile split was ok (around 10:30) for the course, but my last mile was atrocious again. I've got to work on sharpening up and hanging on to pace.

MVS was out in full force today, and was well represented in all age groups. We won the team competition in the Men's Open category and received some nice hardware for our efforts. It was a perfect day for racing and a very nice overall package put together by MVS' own Jim Vitale.

The lovely and energetic Kristin put her skills to work today and captured a boatload of MVS people in action.. Check them out here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment