Monday, March 31, 2008

Training - 3/31/08 - 4/06/08

Weekly Training for 03/31/08 - 04/06/08 - Total: 66 Miles

This was a recovery week after Eastern States. Ran harder than I probably should have on Monday and Wednesday and really paid for it. I got to run with Dave Dunham and Dan Verrington a couple times this week and started reading Dave's book. It's a very cool history of the Mt. Washington road race. I can't wait until June 21st now (sounds sadistic I know...). Thursday's workout was a 'sh*tshow' (as Matt P. calls it). I felt horrible running on the soft grass at Phillips. Jon Healey really took it to me out there and was a good 150 meters ahead of me by the last set. I was tight from my hips down. I walked a little after, ran probably close to two miles back to Merrimack College after the workout and had to walk the duration of the campus because of bad leg cramps and tight hamstrings. Not a very pleasant workout by any means. I bounced back ok for an easy Friday run (surprisingly). Had 2 pretty good trail runs on Sat/Sun.

Monday - 3:00pm - 8 miles (56:57) - medium shakeout - Salem, Methuen (roads) - solo in the rain.
Tuesday - 3:26pm - ~ 8 miles (55:20) - medium - Andover (trails) - with Dave Dunham and Dan Verrington.
Wednesday - 5:30pm - 10 miles (65:40) - medium - Wakefield (roads) - solo (in the wind).
Thursday - 5:30pm - 2.5 mile w/up + 7 sets of (2:00 on + 30 sec rest + 1:00 on + 20 sec rest + 2:00 on) with 2:00 rest in between sets - on Phillips Academy grass athletic fields - Andover. + 2 mile cool down - w/ Jon Healey and Molly Taber. - Total - ~ 11.
Friday - 3:26pm - ~ 8 miles (56:48) - medium / easy - Andover (trails) - with Dave Dunham, Dan Verrington, and Matt Pimentel.
Saturday - 2:00pm - 9 miles (65:00) - medium - Andover - Merrimack river trails - with Matt Pimentel.
Sunday - 12:00pm - 12 miles (1:30:00) - medium - Wakefield (roads/trails) - Breakheart reservation - with Matt Pimentel, Jon Healey.

Approx. mileage for the week....~ 66

1 comment:

Emily said...

I was thinking more mesachistic, but sadistic will do... :-) I'm just letting you know I had to delete my blog. I'm going to make a new one soon with a new address b/c it keeps me motivated so i'll tell you the new link when I do! ( dont count on jay doing the same, lol somebody wants to keep his training private- can you believe that!? the nerve...)