Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Runners Alley / Redhook Brewery 5K

On Sunday, I ran in the Runners Alley / Redhook Brewery 5K road race at Pease International Tradeport in Portsmouth, NH. It was a beautiful day for a race which had registration close at 2000 strong (although about 1800 or so actually raced). The course was nice and flat except for one small uphill near the beginning and the smallest of rolls in the middle. Even though this race wasn't part of the pub-series this year, it is part of the Seacoast Road Race Series, and last year's start was featured as the cover of this year's NE Runner Calendar...thus the turnout increased by about 300 runners this year. I ended up running slightly quicker than I was expecting, but I'm still not considering myself back in racing shape just yet...even though I did manage to actually pick up 2 spots over the last 800 meters of the race. Overall it was a great day for a race and it was nice having my family there, and also catching up w/ a couple of former teammates who also raced (Phil Cootey - UML and Matt Lyons - WHS)...

Results

Pictures are here...

... oh by the way...I caught another 6 delicious bass on Saturday morning....total is now 12 on the year....details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment